HT: Right Scoop
HT: Right Scoop
The Obama administration is admitting it granted executive amnesty protections to a known gang member — one charged with four counts of murder — and is now reviewing prior approvals to double check that other gang members have not also been approved for deferred status.
In a letter to Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA) dated Friday, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Director Leon Rodriguez explains that Emmanuel Jesus Rangel-Hernandez’s request for deferred status under President Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program “should not have been approved” based on standard procedure.
Rangel-Hernandez is currently charged with the murder of four people, including former “America’s Next Top Model” contestant Mirjana Puhar.
On Tuesday Grassley released the letter and said it confirmed his fears, that USCIS is not being careful enough in adjudicating applications for Obama’s DACA program.
“It’s no secret that USCIS staff is under intense pressure to approve every DACA application that comes across their desk, and based on this information, it’s clear that adequate protocols are not in place to protect public safety,” Grassley said.
Via Daily Mail:
A tree dedicated to the memory of Michael Brown has been destroyed by vandals just hours after being planted.
The sapling was planted in January-Wabash Park in Ferguson, Missouri on Saturday as a dedication to the teenager, who was gunned down in the street by a police officer last August[ed.- ‘gunned down’ = shot after attacking police officer].
It was called ‘a symbol of peace, comfort and hope for all who gather around its branches’ at a small ceremony led by the Black Caucus of the American Library Association, which donated the tree.
But by Sunday morning, the branches had been stripped, leaving behind just a shard of the trunk.
Topple the one percenters!
Via Daily Mail:
Hillary Clinton ended her whirlwind New Hampshire campaign swing on Tuesday afternoon in another state entirely, taking taxpayers for an 80 miles-per-hour ride all the way to Boston – to catch a flight with first class seats.
Her Secret Service-provided ‘Scooby’ van motored from Concord to Boston Logan International Airport, escorted by troopers from both New Hampshire and Massachusetts.
She arrived in time to take a 7:00 p.m. US Airways shuttle to Washington, D.C. On the way, her motorcade passed exits to the Manchester, N.H. airport, which was 55 miles closer and offered a 5:16 p.m. flight to the same destination.
He shouldn’t have made the comment in the first place. Ramadi is part of Obama’s failed withdrawal from Iraq. Update to this previous story.
Via Military Com
Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey on Tuesday apologized to the mother of a Navy SEAL killed in Ramadi, Iraq, for saying the city’s fall last week to ISIS “is not symbolic in any way.”
Dempsey issued the apology after Debbie Lee, whose son, Marc, died in Ramadi in 2006, released an open letter demanding an apology for “the families whose loved ones’ blood was shed in Ramadi.”
“I’ve read your letter, and I do apologize if I’ve added to your grief,” Dempsey wrote. “Marc and so many others died fighting to provide a better future for Iraq. He and those with whom he served did all that their nation asked. They won their fight, and nothing will ever diminish their accomplishments nor the honor in which we hold their service.” Dempsey wrote Lee in a personal note.
“We are in a different fight now, with a different enemy, and with a different relationship with the Government of Iraq. They must determine the path and pace of this fight. That’s what I intended to convey.”
Lee told Military.com on Tuesday that Dempsey followed up his personal note with a phone call.
“After I got off the phone with him I did think the apology was genuine,” Lee said. She said Dempsey told her he was trying to explain in his Pentagon press briefing that Ramadi was not a city that the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) considered significant for its campaign.
For her part, Lee said she still does not agree with Dempsey’s view that what is happening in Iraq today is a different war against a different enemy than the one American troops battled through 2011. She also continues to believe Ramadi is significant because it is the capital of Anbar, the largest province in Iraq.
“I told him I felt [the war] was winnable over there,” Lee said. “I offered him my strategy – I won’t say what I told him because I don’t want our enemies to know it. But he said he completely agreed with my military strategy.”
Maybe the bigger question is why was Obama lying about the breakout time?
Via Weekly Standard:
Bloomberg’s Eli Lake reports Tuesday that the Obama administration kept secret until the beginning of April Iran’s two to three month breakout time for a nuclear weapon, saying “the administration only declassified this estimate at the beginning of the month, just in time for the White House to make the case for its Iran deal to Congress and the public.”
Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz, speaking to reporters on Monday, said that the administration has held this assessment for “quite some time.” Lake says that Brian Hale, a spokesman for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, confirmed Monday “that the two-to-three-month estimate for fissile material was declassified on April 1.”
However, at least one member of the administration publicly spoke about the two-to-three-month breakout time frame prior to April. On March 2, 2015, National Security Advisor Susan Rice addressed the annual AIPAC meeting and said the following [emphasis added]:
This is my third point—a good deal is one that would verifiably cut off every pathway for Iran to produce enough fissile material for a nuclear weapon. Every single one.
Any deal must prevent Iran from developing weapons-grade plutonium at Arak, or anywhere else.
Any deal must prevent Iran from enriching uranium at its nuclear facility at Fordow—a site we uncovered buried deep underground and revealed to the world in 2009
Caused by global warming, no doubt…
Via NY Daily News
City streets turned bloody over the balmy weekend — an earlier spate of violence than in recent years and a bad omen for what could become a long and violent summer.
Three people were killed and 23 others wounded in 21 shooting incidents between Friday and Sunday, officials said. The violence frayed nerves and prompted a promise of beefed-up police presence.
As of Monday night, no one had been charged with letting off shots, which mostly took place in Brooklyn and the Bronx. And while it’s common for bullets to fly as the weather warms up, the disturbing gunplay in early spring is unusual.
“We will look at where the shootings occurred,” said NYPD chief spokesman Stephen Davis. “We’ll assess that in determining where we employ additional summer resources.”
Summer begins on June 21.
Steven McKoy, 30, became the final victim in the string of weekend violence when two people ambushed him in Brooklyn. One shot him in the stomach and the other blasted him in the head, cops said. There was still light out when he was left dying on an East New York street.
“I don’t know why,” said his heartbroken dad Sydney McKoy as he hugged his wife Carmen. “The police said they were after him. It was a hit.”[…]
“People saw what happened,” the father said. “I wish somebody comes forward. It’s too hard. He’s gone.”
A police source said authorities are getting little cooperation.
And locals were dreading the steamy months ahead.
“With this weather, the streets get hot,” said longtime resident Angelo Rondan, 78.
“This is normal around here,” Sam Flores, 36, who has lived in the neighborhood his entire life, said of the Sunday shooting. “More people come out, they start hanging out in crowds. That brings trouble.”
Rules are just for the little people…
Via Daily Mail:
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s motorcade is developing a reputation for ignoring the rules of the road.
The mayor’s drivers were caught on city red light cameras running red lights and driving the wrong way down the street.
The moving violation reportedly took place in March.
My Fox Chicago reports the video shows the motorcade advancing on the wrong side of Cicero Avenue on the west side Austin neighborhood.
A statement from the mayor’s office said that the drivers are expected to prioritize safety.
The statement added, ‘all drivers are expected to follow the rules of the road, and the Mayor expects the detail to do the same.’
What do they have planned for Cinco De Mayo?
Via Washington Times
Army ROTC cadets are complaining on message boards that they were pressured to walk in high heels on Monday for an Arizona State University campus event designed to raise awareness of sexual violence against women.
The Army openly encouraged participating in April’s “Walk A Mile in Her Shoes” events in 2014, but now it appears as though ROTC candidates at ASU were faced with a volunteer event that became mandatory.
“Attendance is mandatory and if we miss it we get a negative counseling and a ‘does not support the battalion sharp/EO mission’ on our CDT OER for getting the branch we want. So I just spent $16 on a pair of high heels that I have to spray paint red later on only to throw them in the trash after about 300 of us embarrass the U.S. Army tomorrow,” one anonymous cadet wrote on the social media sharing website Imgr, IJReview reported Monday.
In a Reddit Army thread on the subject — titled “Okay, who put the cadets up to this?” — one user said the claims were legitimate and added, “I just don’t understand why [General] Combs would court political controversy like this. Isn’t the military supposed to avoid faddish political movement and religious issues.”
HT: Toothless Dawg
Powers speaks about some of the men killed by ISIS, the value and worth of their lives, the courage they showed to cry out to their God in the face of death. Yet, the leader of the free world has left them and what may be uncounted others to die in the face of this threat.
Via USA Today:
What do you call it when 12 men are drowned at sea for praying to Jesus?
Answer: Religious persecution.
Yet, when a throng of Muslims threw a dozen Christians overboard a migrant ship traveling from Libya to Italy, Prime Minister Matteo Renzi missed the opportunity to label it as such. Standing next to President Obama at their joint news conference Friday, Renzi dismissed it as a one-off event and said, “The problem is not a problem of (a) clash of religions.”
While the prime minister plunged his head into the sand, Italian authorities arrested and charged the Muslim migrants with “multiple aggravated murder motivated by religious hate,” according to the BBC.
As long as he’s giving away the store, how about throwing in some hookers and blow too? Or a home in Hawaii, right next to the Obama vacation home?
Via Fox News:
The State Department on Monday would not rule out giving Iran up to $50 billion as a so-called “signing bonus” for agreeing to a nuclear deal later this year, according to comments made to journalists following reports that the Obama administration had formulated a plan to release tens of billions of frozen Iranian funds.
Experts have said this multi-billion dollar “signing bonus” option, which was first reported by the Wall Street Journal, could be the largest cash infusion to a terror-backing regime in recent memory.
A cash release of $30 to $50 billion upon reaching a final nuclear agreement would come in addition to the more than $11 billion in unfrozen assets that Iran will already have received under an interim nuclear accord reached in 2013.
Are we living in an alternate universe?
Meanwhile 60 dissidents were arrested by the government. Their crime? Complaining about the government holding prior dissidents. No word from Obama or Cuomo condemning…
Yesterday, over 60 members of Cuba’s Ladies in White and other democracy activists were arrested in Havana.
They were carrying images of current Cuban political prisoners.
Castro regime officials confronted and arrested them with great violence.
Meanwhile, mum is the word from the Obama Administration or its regional “allies” — who were now supposed to espouse the cause of human rights and democracy in Cuba.
Bad news for the fear mongers.
Another cowardly display.
President Barack Obama will not use the word “genocide” to describe the massacre of up to 1.5 million Armenians in his annual statement commemorating the historic atrocity later this month.
White House chief of staff Denis McDonough and deputy national security advisor Ben Rhodes informed an official from the Armenian National Congress of America of the decision in a meeting at the White House on Tuesday.
Obama will send Treasury Secretary Jack Lew to Armenia this week to represent the United States at a commemoration of the genocide, a years-long slaughter traditionally observed on April 24. Historians mark 1915 as the start of the genocide, making this year the 100th anniversary.
The Armenians were slaughtered during the breakup of the Ottoman Empire, largely in what is modern-day Turkey, at the end of World War I. Today’s Turkish leaders are infuriated by charges that the founding fathers of their nation committed genocide.
As a candidate in 2008, President Obama issued a statement promising to describe the plight of the Armenians as a genocide, but in his previous five statements he has not done so — mainly to avoid a rupture in diplomatic relations with Turkey.
Armenian-American leaders, hopeful that the 100th anniversary and recent support for their view from Pope Francis, were dejected on Tuesday.
“This is a betrayal of the truth, a betrayal of trust, a disgraceful national surrender to a foreign gag order being imposed by the government of Turkey,” said Aram Hamparian, executive director of the Armenian National Committee of America, who attended the White House meeting.
But drooling and nodding is pretty much all her supporters can do.
Hell reported to be a little chilly today.
Via STL Today:
A man whose personality had changed because of drug abuse shot and wounded his brother Tuesday before holding off police from the home the men shared here, their grandmother said.
The standoff continued at 420 Warford Avenue as Loretta Foster, 78, waited nearby for the outcome. She said her grandson, Lorenzo Foster, 40, had been struggling with heroin and may have been high when he shot Dennis Foster, 38, in the face.
Police said the wounded man was alert when taken from the area to a hospital. Another relative said he was in surgery and expected to recover.
The men’s cousin, Dasia Foster, 22, of Pine Lawn, said that because of drug abuse, Lorenzo Foster “was just losing his mind.”
The funny thing is, they really think it’s “free.”
A group of congressional Democrats introduced a resolution on Tuesday seeking to ensure that students who attend public colleges and universities can graduate without debt.
The Senate resolution was introduced by Sen. Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii), Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), while Reps. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), Raul Grijalva (D-Ariz.) and Katherine Clark (D-Mass.) introduced the House version.
The lawmakers support plans to increase financial aid, help states lower tuition and make it possible for students to earn degrees in less time.
Not exactly doing his wife’s presidential bid any favors.
Former President Bill Clinton called the terrorist group ISIS the “most interesting non-governmental organization today” in remarks at Georgetown University:
“Arguably the most interesting non-governmental organzation today, which proves the importance of inclusion by its short-comings but is formidable, is ISIS,” said Clinton.
“ISIS is a terrorist organization, an NGO, trying to become a state. That is, they don’t recognize any of the boundaries of the Middle Eastern countries as legitimate. They were all established, drawn largely by Westerners after the collapse of the Ottoman Empire in World War I. And so when they go capture a place, they set up their own judicial system, they set up their own rule making, they set up whatever their social services are going to be. And the only thing is, you can’t disagree with them, or they’ll kill you.”
Washington (CNN): It didn’t happen on 4/20 — marijuana’s high holy day — but expect Michele Leonhart to step down soon as administrator of the Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S. officials familiar with the matter say.
Obama administration officials long ago soured on Leonhart, a career DEA agent who broke ground at the agency when she rose into leadership as the first woman to head a field office. In recent years, she has angered the administration for appearing to resist federal rules relaxing enforcement on marijuana as states have moved to legalize the drug for medicinal and recreational use.
More recently, she came under fire for her poor performance in a congressional hearing on an inspector general report that found instances of DEA agents having sex parties in Colombia with prostitutes paid for by drug cartels. The report cited light punishments for the agents and Leonhart seemed at a loss about what she could do about it.
On Monday — 4/20 — word spread around Washington that Leonhart had met with Justice Department officials to discuss her departure and how to handle succession at the top of the agency. Officials had hoped to have her departure announced before Loretta Lynch, the attorney general nominee awaiting Senate confirmation, took office.