Anyone doubt for even a second the Muslim world sees this as a sign of weakness?
Via LA Times:
Administration officials have asked YouTube to review a controversial video that many blame for spurring a wave of anti-American violence in the Middle East.
The administration flagged the 14-minute “Innocence of Muslims” video and asked that YouTube evaluate it to determine whether it violates the site’s terms of service, officials said Thursday. The video, which has been viewed by nearly 1.7 million users, depicts Muhammad as a child molester, womanizer and murderer — and has been decried as blasphemous and Islamophobic.
YouTube blocked access to the video in Egypt and Libya, where protests in Benghazi erupted in violence that claimed the life of U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other embassy workers. However, the video remains on the site. Protests have spread to Yemen, where hundreds stormed the U.S. Embassy.
YouTube declined comment on the administration request.
Earlier in the week, YouTube said it found that the video was “clearly within” its guidelines, which bar sexually explicit content, gratuitous violence, hate speech and what it termed “bad stuff” such as animal abuse, under-age drinking and bomb-making.