And yet the inept Obama regime still can’t get the Tunisians to grant us access to him.
Via Fox News:
A Tunisian man arrested in connection with the deadly attack Sept. 11 on the U.S. Consulate in Libya was identified by the internal surveillance video recorded during the attack, senior U.S. intelligence officials told Fox News.
Ali Ani al Harzi and one other suspect were detained at an airport in Turkey in the days after the attack while travelling with false documents, and Harzi now has been identified as being present at the attack using the images obtained from the consulate compound video, Fox News’ sources say.
Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans were killed in the attack, which is thought to have been carried out by a local Libyan extremist group known as Ansar al-Sharia.
Harzi was transferred to Tunisian custody, but U.S. interrogators so far have not had access to him, much to the frustration of American authorities. Even so, U.S. intelligence agencies have confirmed through facial recognition technology that the Tunisian was present the night of the consulate attack.
Sen. Saxby Chambliss blamed the Obama administration for the inability to question Harzi.
“This individual in the hands of Tunisians is a classic example of what happens when you have lack of policy for detention for interrogations,” Chambliss, R-Ga., said. “Once the president in January of 2009 signed the executive order, saying we are going to shut down Guantanamo … there are no policies in place to take possession and interrogate him in a way to gain valuable information.”